Strategies and plans
In late 2017, the Department of Natural Resources and Mines (DNRM) and the Department of Energy and Water Supply (DEWS) merged to create the Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy. The plans prepared by the previous departments are available below. Replacement documents are in preparation.
The strategic plan is the overarching planning document that sets the vision and priorities for the next 4 years. It identifies a range of strategies to achieve strategic objectives, key risks and the key performance indicators.
Compliance plans detail the activities we undertake to promote and enforce compliance with the legislation for which we are responsible.
- Energy and water supply compliance plan (DEWS) 2016-17 (PDF, 258.3KB)
- Mineral and energy compliance plan (DNRM) 2017-18 (PDF, 255.2KB)
- Natural resources compliance framework (DNRM) 2016-19 (PDF, 478.5KB)
Disability and inclusion
See our disability and inclusion page to access plans and documents.
Disaster management response
We are the functional lead agency in the Queensland Government State Disaster Management Plan for electricity, fuel, gas, reticulated water supply and water dam safety.
Our first response is a direct response by our state disaster liaison team and includes:
- rapid mobilisation of relevant functions
- early contact with energy and water entities
- timely and accurate reporting to the State Disaster Coordination Group and where necessary the Minister
- effective implementation of regulatory and non-regulatory responses
- efficient deployment of personnel and resources.
Waste reduction and recycling
These plans explain our strategy for improving our waste management by reducing waste production and increasing waste recycling.