Open data - natural resources, mines and energy
We support the Queensland Government's open data initiative by making our raw data as freely accessible as possible on the open data portal.
Our open data strategy lists our datasets and explains our data assessment process. The strategies prepared by our previous departments are available below.
- Department of Natural Resources and Mines - open data strategy
- Department of Energy and Water Supply - open data strategy (PDF, 805.1KB)
There are more than 500 data resources on the open data portal, covering the range of our activities and responsibilities. Data are updated at varying frequencies, including fortnightly (e.g. titles activity), monthly (e.g. coal statistics) and annually (e.g. corporate reporting).
Other data sources
In addition to the raw data available on the open data portal, we also provide data through a range of publications, maps and online services. These include:
- Queensland Globe - Queensland maps, imagery and other specialist data
- Queensland Spatial Catalogue - geographic datasets, databases, models, map images and map services
- MinesOnlineMaps - geological, exploration and mining data
- QDEX Reports - exploration reports including exploration permits, mineral development licenses and petroleum tenure
- QDEX Data - large spatial datasets
- Water monitoring data portal - hydrographic data including the latest stream height and stream flow values, groundwater levels, historic stream flow data and water monitoring network sites.
For enquiries and feedback, email email@example.com.
Unless otherwise indicated, the data is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution Australia Licence.